Hi There! This blog will no longer have any new post or activities. Please click here to go to my NEW blog, as I've depleted all the memory on this one. I hope to see you there! I will, however, continue to keep this blog up, as there are tons of ideas and tutorials that you may want to search through. When you are done searching here, please head on over to my new blog and visit me there. Aloha, Teri

Friday, May 21, 2010

Last of the cards from the May class

Happy Aloha Friday! It is not a furlough Friday, so I will be at work today! Well, these are the last 2 cards that we made at the class last weekend.
I really love how the DP just makes these two wedding cards. Can you believe that I only now discovered this really pretty specialty paper in the idea book and catalog on page 158 called Bride (115669). It is a pack of 12X12 papers 6 sheets of 2 designs. The image is also from the Blissful Bride stamp set (summer mini). I love that the coloring is very minimal. I just added a dash of bashful blue to the flowers on the cake and then used my dazzling diamonds to make it sparkle. Here is the inside of the card. I cut a vellum envelope using my envelope die. The sentiments are also from the same stamp set.
I love how this wedding card just came together. This is the second design from the Bride specialty paper pack. I was thrilled that I was finally able to use the hat pins, pearls and beads from the Pretties Kit. I bought 3 sets last year when we used the large flower for last year's wedding card class and was never able to make the pins work on any of my cards. I guess it was waiting for the right time to make it's appearance! The white satin ribbon was perfect for this card as well. The sentiment was punched out using the modern label punch, one of my favorite punches!
The inside of this card was just too simple. After I stamped the sentiment on whisper white, I added a layer of vellum over it, attaching the vellum with 4 silver mini brads.
The kits included clear envelopes for each card plus the bonus sock monkey tag. I hope everyone who attended enjoyed the cards. I'm so sorry, but I am slowly working on finishing those kits. Life has been so busy and stressful that I move like a sloth when I get home. I know that I'm not the only busy person, but once in a while, my body just slows down even though I want to move faster! I guess it's telling me something, eh?! Thanks so much for coming back to see the final 2 cards. TGIF - happy weekend everyone!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

TFS Teri - these cards are simple but elegant. I especially like how you tied your ribbon on the first card - just inside out?

Shirley N said...

Two very beautiful and elegant cards. Love the DPs you used! Have a great weekend Teri!

ShaniKulani said...

beautiful cards! perfect for the wedding/graduation season :)

Michelle Alejandro said...

This is such an elegant card! I just bought this set too, love it! Have a great weekend!

Hugs,
Michelle

Brenda said...

I have to say that my first reaction was... "This is SU paper? I didn't know we had these!" Have a good weekend... take it easy!

Joy said...

love the cards...so sweet, elegant and easy to make. thanks for the insight of the DP. who would have thought that SU made this! haha! hope you have a good Friday...I'm still here in the corner...but I learned to dig my ears instead! LMAO...hahaha! call you later!

Cyndi said...

very nice cards! you always think of creative ways to use the SU stamps! i love the wedding dp too!

Little C's Creations said...

So Elegant and Gorgeously created!

Hugs,
Jen