Hi There! This blog will no longer have any new post or activities. Please click here to go to my NEW blog, as I've depleted all the memory on this one. I hope to see you there! I will, however, continue to keep this blog up, as there are tons of ideas and tutorials that you may want to search through. When you are done searching here, please head on over to my new blog and visit me there. Aloha, Teri

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Make Merry!

When I first bought this stamp set, Berry Christmas (#116509), I wasn't quite sure that I liked it or how I was going to use it, but I'm so glad I bought it because I love it! This birdie is one of my current faves. Here's my card today... I love this red DSP from the Christmas Cocoa Specialty pack because it is textured, feels like velvet...I also used a piece from the Merry Moments DSP. I really liked the way this card turned out, even though you know that I'm not a tradional christmas color person. I lined the edges of the wide oval with red rhinestones...do you think it's too much?
Other supplies used: SU eyelet border punch, olive twill ribbon, top note sizzix die, wide oval punch, 1 1/4", 1 3/8" and scallop circle punches, real red cardstock.

6 comments:

Janis said...

Love how you used the tag die with the eyelet border punch! So cute. The rhinestones totally made the card just a little blingy. I like it!

Cheryl said...

I love this card! So bright and cheery!!! And the birdie is super cute and no the rhinestones is not too much.

Linda said...

Another beautiful piece of art! I love it! TFS and TTYL! xoxo, Linda

Joy said...

wonderful Christmas card! I haven't started making any...well I did one for a wag n whiskers challenge...but I'm trying to catch up with the craft fair as it's coming up soon! I haven't really made anything yet! yikes! hope all is well with you. I took today off as I have a lot to catch up on. take care and TTYS!

Rita said...

Luv what you did with this card Teri!!!

kris said...

ooooh! pretty! love the DSPs... this card is so sweet! hugs, Kris