Hi There! This blog will no longer have any new post or activities. Please click here to go to my NEW blog, as I've depleted all the memory on this one. I hope to see you there! I will, however, continue to keep this blog up, as there are tons of ideas and tutorials that you may want to search through. When you are done searching here, please head on over to my new blog and visit me there. Aloha, Teri

Friday, July 17, 2009

A Purple Owl! So cute!

I'm not really into alot of punch art, but while thumbing through one of my Stampin' Success magazines, I came across this cute owl made up of all Stampin' Up! punches! This awesome creation was submitted to an art contest by Lyssa Zwolanek of Watertown, Wisconsin. Soooo cute! I knew I wanted to make one of these cuties! I'm not sure if Lyssa has a blog or not, but just wanted to acknowledge her for the inspiration! The punches used are: Round Tab (owl face), scallop circle (cut in half to make the wings), 1 3/8" circle (body), 5 petal flower (cut to make the beak), Trio Flower (feet), half inch and 1/4" circle punches (eyes). I typed the sentiment on my computer (David Walker font that I bought from 2 Peas) and punched it out using the large oval punch and layering it using the scallop oval punch.
I attached this cute owl on my french fry box (an XL Sizzix die) using some cute DP that I bought from Pineapple Cove (at Kahala Mall). I made 2 of these boxes to thank 2 of my special friends - Linda and Kyoko! They are some of the most generous ladies out there, always caring, always sharing and I just had to make a special thank you for them...their favorite color is purple and I must say that this owl looks pretty cute in purple, don't you think??
Lots to do today...want to start cutting kits for my August class (announcement in tomorrow night's post) and possibly start working on my 50 Christmas tag class coming up in September!!
I'm so glad that you stopped by and shared a little bit of your day with me!
One last thing...if you live on Oahu and want to find a good bargain, J's is having 30% off sale on all Cuttlebug & Just Rite products! Stop on by to say HI to Cliff! Also, C2F is having their warehouse sale - great price on mono adhesive! See you tomorrow!

17 comments:

Pineapple Cove said...

Hey Teri,

I thought that owl paper looked familiar...it's nice & glittery too! I love the owl punch art - it's so amazing what you can do with circles, tabs and flowers if you just cut them up a bit.

Sooo cute!! Have a great weekend!

ManLe

Cyndi said...

the owl is really cute! i sent you an email yesterday...did you get it? jw thanks!

Rita said...

Too darn cute, luv the color!!! Have fun shopping!

Rita said...

Oh I forgot to mention that I like your NEW Blog look!

Janis said...

Loving the owl Teri! Can't believe that it's made up of SU punches. And the Owl stamp which Denise gave you is so sweet. BTW, love the new background.

Ohh....I have to go take my 2 pups for their check-ups today. Sale? Hmmm...I'll have to check it out afterwards. Have a great weekend!

ivy said...

how cute is that?? is that FF box made from a sizzix die? haven't seent that one.....
have a great weekend!

ivy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Linda said...

Hey girl! This owl FF box is just the cutest! Thanks so much for the goodies and for thinking of me! See you soon! xoxo, Linda

Michelle Alejandro said...

Teri that owl is so cute! Love the dp too! Really goes well together. Can't wait to hang out next week!

Hugs,
Michelle

Cheryl said...

Cute owl and it looks great in purple!!! BTW, I like your new background so pretty, but was having a hard time reading the pink letters.

Kyoko said...

Hi Teri! You are just the sweetest girl to give me and Linda these Owl boxes and the surprise goodies inside. You are the reason why we are now in blogland. THANK YOU for everything you have done for us.

Hugs,
Kyoko

Dawne said...

I love the french fry box. I use my silhouette to make it. I actually bought the machine to make that box. It's one of my fav! I like your paper you used. And that owl is just soo cute!!

Rina said...

Teri, this purple owl is too cute. I love what you did with it, as a RAK.

Shannon McGann said...

Hey, Teri! This is adorable! What a great idea - too cute!

Anonymous said...

Hi, Terri! I am so glad you liked my little owl. He is adorable in purple! And thank you so much for giving me credit. What a sweetie! I just wanted to share that I do indeed have a blog and it is updated almost daily. Check it out: www.songofmyheartstampers.typepad.com
Have a great day! Lyssa Z

Jodi said...

Cute owl!! Love the pastel paper you used on him too!!
Hugs
Jodi =)

Risa said...

Awwww...your owl is so cute Teri! I think it's amazing what you can make with SU's fantastic assortment of punches!
hugs
Risa:)