Hi There! This blog will no longer have any new post or activities. Please click here to go to my NEW blog, as I've depleted all the memory on this one. I hope to see you there! I will, however, continue to keep this blog up, as there are tons of ideas and tutorials that you may want to search through. When you are done searching here, please head on over to my new blog and visit me there. Aloha, Teri

Friday, October 26, 2007

Birthday cards

Happy Aloha Friday! Here are two birthday cards I made for my aunt and uncle who celebrated birthdays. Dad got invited to the party at a new restaurant on the 4th floor at Ala Moana Shopping Center. Sorry, it's new, so I totally forgot the name of the place - something like Tajiki Fish Market. Anyway, I was invited too, but I let Nolan go in my place being that I have such a large appetite!haha! I was the driver and after I dropped them off, I went shopping! So funny how I was totally looking forward to going shopping by myself, to take my time and try on clothes and maybe to even buy some new stuff to wear to work, but can you actually believe that I hit all of the stores that I wanted to and didn't buy a thing?? Either the clothes selections were slim, or they were just too expensive. I hate it when I convince myself that I'm going to bite the bullet and pay a large sum of money for an article of clothing and then the following week or so, it goes on sale! Doesn't that bite?? I did find some nice bras at The Gap Body. That was a chunk of change too, but they were so nice and it's not like I buy bras every month ya know? Anyway, back to the cards! After I made these two cards, my dad thought he was to select one of the two so he gave mom only one of the cards for both aunty and uncle - can you guess which card dad chose?? He chose this flower card. When I created the cards, I created the one for uncle in more "guy" colors, don't you think? I like them both, but I guess dad was thinking that aunty would be the one to save the card. I'm sure that's why he selected the flower one.
Here's the inside of the flower card. Thought the flower next to the sentiment added a special touch to the card.
Recipe for the flower card: cuttlebug embossing swirl folder, 3 for you punch box kit, Stem Silhouettes, sincere salutations, polka dots and paisley stamp set, river rock ink, purely pomegranate and certainly celery CS, artichoke stitched ribbon,
Recipe for uncle's card:
Eat cake stamp set, Blue Bayou ink and cardstock, purely pomegranate CS, DS paper from friends & flowers SB set, giga scalloped circle punch and mega circle punch, antique brass brads. I had fun making these cards. I know I should make a bunch of bday cards to mail out when the time comes, but do I have any extra time?? Guess I better start reading my advice from you guys! Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love your birthday cards! I cannot say it enough...you are a truly talented lady!!!
you go girl!